Fasper is a Java package which contains a framework for parser verification and an application to make test debugging easy.
- Simple integration with any parser
- Runs in batch or interactive mode
- Parallel inspection of the reference and output AST
- Accurate mismatch signaling
- Customizable node comparison filters
- Automatic reference model creation
- Run log inspection
- Source code inspection
Fasper provides support for developing self checking parser tests.
A self checking test consists of the input source code and the reference abstract syntax tree (AST). Fasper invokes the parser under test with the input source code and compares the reference AST against the parser output. Any mismatch in AST structure or node contents is promptly signaled.
The reference AST may be manually written or created using Fasper.